Many people have asked how they can keep the blocklist current. Here’s one way you can help:
- Download the domains.txt file and open it in a spreadsheet. Make sure each field is in a separate column.
- If the first column contains a #, ignore it. That domain has been delisted.
- If the sixth column (column F) contains a date, ignore it. That domain has been reverified.
- If the fifth column (columnE) contains the URL “www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/junk/cws_domains.txt” or “www.millersmiles.co.uk” then that domain needs to be reverified as still containing or associated with malware.
- Pick a few domains from the third column (column C). DO NOT VISIT THOSE domains!!
- Type the domain name in a major search engine (such as www.google.coma/search?q=paypalz.net+malware). See if there are any recent links or mentions by a major antivirus company or sandbox.
- Check the domains against siteadvisor, google safe browsing, linkscanner, trustedsource, and other reputation services. (let me know of your favorites, I’ll post them in a later post).
- If you are satified that the domain has been “clean” for at least 2 years, let us know and we’ll delist it. It’s to everyone’s benefit to eliminate false positives or old domains. Thanks!